Today we are so luck to have Wren from The Bookmato Chronicles on our blog!
- Give us the history of you. (family life, where you’re from, etc.)
The history of me… I was born. I went to school. I am in school. Life. I’m from Florida, but I live in Texas now. I’m an only child. I grew up with Asian parents. I’m not sure what to say.
• When did you start blogging? Was this your first blog?
Oh my gosh. Uh…2014? I’m not sure. I started off on WordPress with Into the Written Word. I changed to Blogger and went to Welcome to Book City before switching to Books in my Suitcase. Then The Bookmato Chronicles, where I am now!
• What made you start blogging?
Okay…confession. I started blogging because of free books, specifically ARCs. I stayed with blogging because I love making discussions and features. And the community is amazing.
• How did you come up with your blog name?
I love Hetalia. And my favorite character is Romano, South Italy. And he loves tomatoes. And I love tomatoes.
• How long were you running your blog before you started getting many followers?
I don’t have many followers. Hahahaha. -hides-
• Walk me through the process that you went through to get your blog to where it is today.
Lots of changes. Lots of decisions. Regrets too. I decided to work on better designs and make my blog look nicer. More discussions. Maybe more TTTs? I dunno. I’m still thinking.
• How many books do you read in a month?
It depends on the month. I can read a lot during the summer. Normally? Eight, maybe nine?
• What book did you read most recently that you loved, and would recommend to everyone?
Oh my goodness. I love Vicious. But I haven’t read it recently. So…maybe…the Welcome to Night Vale novel! I love it.
• If a new blogger came up to you today, and you only had a few minutes to talk, what would be your best blogging tip?
Find what you love and do it.
I’m soooo genius.
• Have you ever liked the movie more than the book? Be honest! (and tell us which one!)
Uh…no. I don’t think so. I mean, Vampire Academy’s movie got me into the book, but it isn’t the best.
• Are there any popular books you know you would never read (i.e. 50 shades of grey, tell us which one)?
Red Rising. I typically read the popular books to see the hype. Fluffy romance contemporary is a no-no for me, though. So i haven’t read To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before.
• Any new blog features you are working on?
Erm. Podcast version of Tomato Talks? I have In Another World and Tomato Talks and…I forgot the others. Haha…
• What are 5 items you never leave home without?
My bullet journal. A pen. My current read. My iPad. And a bag of some sort. Typically a messenger or computer bag.
• Anything else you would like to add?
Thanks for having me!
Thanks so much for stopping by Wren!! ❤