Give us the history of you. (family life, where you’re from, etc.)
I’m 25 (almost 26) and live in Washington state. I’m getting my Masters in Elementary Education. I also host Storytimes for preschoolers at a low income day care center. I’ve been with YaReads since 2009 or 2010 and have ran YaReads Blog Tours for the past 3 years.
• When did you start blogging? Was this your first blog?
YaReads used to be different. It used to have a forum where thousands of people talked about books and fandoms, etc. So, that’s actually how I first got started at YaReads, and it actually took me forever to realize that YaReads HAD a blog. After 1.5 or 2 years of using that forum and getting super close with the people there, YaReads started to……….get less users. People grew up, got families, got jobs…and the forum got clogged up with spam and the reviewers left & almost nothing was ever posted on the blog. I basically told Ivy (one of the founders) that I wanted to take over, and that was that. I’ve run the site with Ivy for the past 4 or 5 years? I’m totally sure which year I took over. I think this our third year running YaReads Blog Tours as a team, as well.
• What made you start blogging?
I love books. Before the YaReads forum, I never read. I’m literally one of those people who started reading YA from Twilight at the age of 18. So, I really haven’t been reading long. I HATED it, so much! YaReads was my family, and I wasn’t willing to let it tank.
• How did you come up with your blog name?
• How long were you running your blog before you started getting many followers?
• Walk me through the process that you went through to get your blog to where it is today.
You gotta work hard. You have to be 100% dedicated to social media. I’ve never understood authors or bloggers who don’t have social media or don’t use it very often. If you want to get your blog recognized, you need to work hard. Also, run events. I host the Debut Authors Bash every single year. It’s one of the toughest things that I’ve ever done.
• How many books do you read in a month?
This is a tricky question, because it depends on how that month is going for me. This month, I’ve read like 15 books, so far. Last year, I read about 20 books total in the whole year. So, it just depends. School takes up a lot of my time.
• What book did you read most recently that you loved, and would recommend to everyone?
Ohhhhhhhh…..I’ve read a lot of good books this year. I would say Rules of Protection by Alison Bliss. The Tangled in Texas series is amazing! I also really loved The Score by Elle Kennedy! And all of the books in the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh!
• What are the top questions you get asked by your readers? (and the answers)
• If a new blogger came up to you today, and you only had a few minutes to talk, what would be your best blogging tip?
Work hard. Post often. Be dedicated to Social Media. Don’t let it consume your life.
• Have you ever liked the movie more than the book? Be honest! (and tell us which one!)
• Are there any popular books you know you would never read (i.e. 50 shades of grey, tell us which one)?
• Any new blog features you are working on?
• What are 5 items you never leave home without?