Today we have the lovely Raisa from Wonderland Novels on the blog.
- Give us the history of you. (family life, where you’re from, etc.)
I’m a Filipino-American from New York. I have a younger brother. I’ve never left New York City, though I did move from one borough to another. And I’m currently going through the college life of a premed student. I hated middle school (I think everyone does), loved high school, and have a love-hate relationship with college.
- When did you start blogging? Was this your first blog?
My friend Alice, invited me to be a guest blogger on her/my friend Yiling’s blog, and then after a time, I got more and more active so I’ve always referred to myself as their co-blogger. Their blog is my first and only blog. To be technical, I’ve been a guest blogger last year but blogged more ever since June so I consider that my start.
- What made you start blogging?
I’ve always had an interest in reading, though during high school I was in a bit of a slump. Then BookCon became a thing, and I went with Alice/Yiling and a couple of our hs friends. They made their blog, invited me to be a guest, and I posted here and there until Alice lent me Air Awakens – a book that has led me into the blogging world!
- How did you come up with your blog name?
As I’m not the creator of this blog, from what I remember, Alice/Yiling called it Wonderland Novels b/c “books lead you into wonderland”! And I’m pretty sure also because Alice in Wonderland.
- How long were you running your blog before you started getting many followers?
I’m actually not sure when we started getting more followers but it’s been a year and a half since we’ve been active and we’ve been getting more followers as time goes on!
- Walk me through the process that you went through to get your blog to where it is today.
I feel like my co-bloggers would be better at answering this question, but it involved a lot of observing other bloggers (for me at least), to get a better idea of how to blog and make posts. And a lot of active participation on Twitter in the blogging community to get our blog name out there.
- How many books do you read in a month?
It depends! On break I read more. When I join challenges, I definitely try to complete them. So during school it’s usually 6-8 but with Shainaread’s 12 for xmas challenge, I read 12 in a month! Aiming for that again this month, since my Goodreads challenge is 100 books.
- What book did you read most recently that you loved, and would recommend to everyone?
Lately I’ve been reading such eh books, but last month I read Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray and it made me love the series even more. So I recommend the series.
- What are the top questions you get asked by your readers?
Hm, haven’t been asked any questions although maybe one day I will be!
- If a new blogger came up to you today, and you only had a few minutes to talk, what would be your best blogging tip?
Stay organized! And don’t request so many books on NetGalley at first because you will be overwhelmed with them. Keep a planner. And try to interact with other bloggers, because they’re extremely nice and helpful people.
- Have you ever liked the movie more than the book? Be honest! (and tell us which one!)
I haven’t liked the movie more than the book yet! The Time Traveler’s Wife, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, all liked the book more. I still have to read the books for Cloud Atlas and The Princess Bride, and those are the instances I’ve seen the movie before the book.
- Are there any popular books you know you would never read (i.e. 50 shades of grey, tell us which one)?
I’m never a fan of overly-hyped up books, so indeed no to Fifty Shades. As well as The Mortal Instruments. The Divergent series, I think it’s called? I missed a lot of these YA series growing up and I’m not really inclined to reading them anytime soon.
- Any new blog features you are working on?
No new blog features, although I am working on a giveaway for my 20th birthday.
- Anything else you would like to add?
I’m left-handed, and allergic to cats, although I would love to have one. I’m also into anime and a ton of video games. And my favorite color is purple.